top of page
“The gist of all worship is - to be pure and to do good to others.”
- Swami Vivekananda
For the manifestation of this principle, Baranagore Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama has centennially served the society as well as entire nation in every sphere of life. Since its inception, the main motto of this institution remains to grow consciousness through spreading education and to reach the highest attainment by serving mankind. Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama , Baranagore is convened through the ideals of renunciation and servitium, as propagated by Swami Vivekananda and ordained by Ramamkrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math.
Baranagore Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama
The Holy Trio
Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Baranagore has become an embodiment of the ideology ‘service and welfare through education’, since its initiation in 1912, on the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya. Since then, through selflessness and service to the mankind, this organization so successfully caters the spiritual genre, convened by Lord Sri Ramakrishna, in every possible way.
The foundation stone of this ashrama, as a ‘Brahmananda Balak-Ashrama’, was laid by Sri Jogindranath Thakur, an eminent freedom-fighter and disciple of Srimat Swami Brahmanandaji Maharaj, the first president of Ramakrishna order. Later it was shifted into a one storied building adjacent to Jaikrishna Mitra Kalibari at Kutighat in the name of, “Baranagar Ramakrishna Ashrama for Orphan”. Then, in 1924 the Ashrama was acquired by Belur Math as a branch centre and hence, renamed as “Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama , Baranagore”. On February 20, 1928, by the patronage of the late zaminders of Narali, Jessore, the Ashrama procured a land of 8 bigha and 8 chhatak beside Gopal Lal Tagore Road. It was the same Akshaya Tritiya on 11 May, 1929 the Ashrama was shifted to the plot.